Sibylle is an outdoor-sports enthusiast (in particular snowboarding, biking and slacklining) and takes part in team sports such as volleyball, football and basketball.
After a severe injury, she became aware of the importance of listening to the body and taking care of it. Whether related to rehabilitation or physical preparation, recovery is the key to success to reach one’s goals.
Sibylle conceives massaging under multiple aspects:
- It improves and accelerates recovery, be it for athletes or any physically active person
- The massage therapist adapts his/her technics related to the needs and specific goals to the person
- On top of its physical benefits, it participates to a psychological well-being
Her activity as a physical trainer and as a massage therapist at the Sport Center at the UNIL/EPFL allowed her to collaborate with athletes aiming for a high level of performance as well as people looking to optimize their personal well-being. At the clinic of Valens, she had the opportunity to contribute to patients’rehabilitation.
- 2016: Independent massage therapist at Saugy Performance, 2015: Sports Therapy at the rehabilitation clinic of Valens
- 2009-to now: Sports teacher (obligatory and post-obligatory school)
- 2015: Sports Therapy at the rehabilitation clinic of Valens 2014-2009: Collaborator (physical preparation and massage) at the “Centre de Sport et Santé”, University Sports Services Lausanne
- 2006 – 2015 : Ski, snowboard and kitesurf instructor
Training and diplomas
- At the moment: MAS in education
- 2013: Master of Science in Human Movement and Sports Sciences ; Orientation training and performance, University of Geneva, Diploma thesis : « Motor imagery and balance » : University of Fribourg
- 2011 – 2012 : Studies : Instituto Nacional de la Educación Física, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, various massages training
- 2010 : Bachelor in Sport Sciences and Spanish, University of Lausanne